Summary of guidelines that should be adhered to when booking holidays to Sri Lanka.
AT THE TIME OF REQUEST:
- No minimum nights required, however if clients stay in Sri Lanka during the first 14 days , it must be in level one hotel/s. Thereafter , clients are free to book other hotels and mingle with local community provided final PCR tests negative.
- Transportation should be booked with an accredited travel agent during first 14 days. Clients are not permitted to use public transportation during first 14 days. It must be pre arranged.
- Program can change with short notice if guidelines are amended by Government.
- We will be using attractions and accommodations that are cerified "Safe & Secure" or Level 1 by the Sri Lanka Tourism Develoment Authority.
- Compulsory travel documents prior to arrival must be finalized. (Eg: PCR test certificate, Health Declaration Form, online visa, booking payment & confirmation etc.).
- During first 14 days, clients can travel to sites under a bio secure bubble and stay in hotels that are level 1.
- Mandatory PCR tests ($ 40 per test) upto a maximum 03 tests if stay is 14 days (Refer point 21) and a COVID Insurance cover of $ 12 per person must be purchased along with hotel/tour booking.
- Apart from the COVID insurance obtained above, it is highly reccomended clients obtain a comprehensive travel insurance from country of origin.
AT THE TIME OF BOOKING CONFIRMATION:
- Detroves Travels will recheck the status of accommodation and attractions provided at the time of request and will inform of any changes.
- Cancellation and payment policy will be provided clearly.
- Payment to be made to Detroves Travels after booking confirmation or 30 days prior to arrival (whichever comes first) as it is mandatory to pre pay the hotel accommodation, COVID Insurance ($ 12) and PCR tests ($ 40 per test) and have proof of payment for visa purposes.
- After payment a reference number will be provided by the travel agent which needs to be entered at the time of visa application. (You cannot proceed with visa without referece number)
- We will send a reminder 3 weeks prior to arrival or at the time of booking (which ever comes first) in order to begin preparation of compulsory documents. (Especially for Visa purpose)
- We will recheck the accommodation/attractions and programs 10 days prior to arrival or at the time of booking (which ever comes first) in order to reconfirm that they continue to possess the "Safe and Secure" or level 1 certification or amended guidelines. Detroves Travels has the right to change the hotels/program or any arrangements on tour if we do not feel it is safe and secure or if travel guidelines are changed.
- 03 days prior to departure, Detroves Travels will require copies of mandtory documents (Negative PCR certificate in english from accredited laboratory, travel insurance copy, passport copy, flight ticket copy, clients emergency contact)
- Clients should hard carry copies of all mandatory & important documents when they travel.
- It is reccomended that clients carry sufficient cash / credit cards with them in case for any emergencies.
Mandatory documents required for processing online tourist visa
- All tourists entering Sri Lanka are required to obtain online tourist visas before arrival.
- An online tourist visa fee of USD 36.00 per person (subject to change) https://eta.gov.lk/slvisa/
- A reference number provided by Detroves Travels which confirms that payment has been received for hotel/tour booking, PCR tests in Sri Lanka and COVID Insurance.
- Pre pay 2 PCR tests along with hotel booking if stay is below 07 days, should the stay exceed 7 days, the traveller is required to purchase 3rd PCR at the rate of USD 40.00 per person per PCR test in case they wish to continue their stay in Sri Lanka after 14 days or if airline/transit or final destination requires same.
- Mandatory COVID-19 Insurance cover at $ 12 (for a $ 50,000 cover over a period of 1 month) to be purchased with your travel agent along with hotel/tour booking
- Visa application will be a two step process. The first step is once clients receive reference number from Detroves Travels (After payments are made) they could apply for their visa. On applying, they will receive an acknowledgement email from Sri Lanka immigration with a reference number by email. This should be sent to Detroves Travels along with passport & flight ticket copies so that we fill another form and send to Tourism Board for clearance. They in turn will check if all details are in order including payments and then give green light to immigration to confirm visa. The whole process may take upto 3-4 working days. Hence, applying in advance would be advisable.
IN SRI LANKA:
- Detroves travels will organize all transportation according to safety guidelines provided by the Sri Lanka Health Ministry.
- All our drivers will be in PPE (Personal Protective Equipement) at all times. They will endevour to maintain all safety protocals.
- Disposable mask and hand sanitizers will be provided to all clients on arrival.
- On arrival, a tempreture check will be conducted. If on tour , a daily tempreture check and log will be done.
- If clients shows any symtoms , the driver will refer them to the health authorities for further evaluation.
- While in Sri Lanka, clients should adhere to all safety guidelines. (Wearing face masks, social distancing, following the program) Detroves Travels will not take any responsibiity if clients fail to adhere to the safety guidelines for which heavy penalties apply.
- All vehicle will be properly sanitized prior to arrivals.
- During transfer/tour, stops will be only at pre approved locations. (For lunch/toilet breaks) It is not permitted to get off the vehicle otherwise. Stops will be clearly mentioned in the program.
- Booked PCR tests will be arranged at hotel/s. The 1st PCR test will be arranged at hotel at check in on day 01. Until the results of the 1st PCR is received (between 24-48h) , clients must remain isolated in hotel room. Food will be served to the room at such time. If 1st PCR test is negative, clients could use the facilities of the hotel during their remaining stay. (Pool, restaurant , spa etc)
Country Health Guidelines (Immigration & Health Authority purposes)
- A Negative PCR report in English langauge issued by an accredited laboratory within 96 hours prior boarding flight.
- Every arriving passenger should submit a completed Health Declaration Form (HDF) of Sri Lanka to health counters at the airport; The PHI’s will scrutinize HDFs and passengers for COVID-19 symptoms and tourists with high risk conditions will be referred to the Airport Health Officer for further action.
- If passengers develop COVID 19 or similar symtoms while in Sri Lanka , all medical & miscellaneous costs will have to be borne through clients insurance or by clients personally. The decisions & measures taken by the medical officer will be final.
** Above details are subject to change without notice depending on the guideline amendments. It is best you check with us for the latest updates prior to bookings or travel.