Precautionary measures that the Sri Lanka government has taken in order to reduce the spread of the virus. Please see below steps for your kind reference –
- The Police curfew in 19 districts lifted at 06.00hrs today and will be re-imposed at 14.00hrs today.
- Curfew in high risk areas (Colombo, Gampaha, Kalutara, Jaffna and Kandy will continue until further notice.
- Currently (At the time of writing this post) the number of confirmed cases in Sri Lanka is 143. (2 deaths) 17 patients recovered.
- All categories of Visas for all foreigners currently in Sri Lanka will be extended until 12.05.20
Maldives Government along with the Health Ministry has taken various measures to minimize the negative impacts.
A summary of the current situation in the Maldives is detailed below:
- Samples will be taken from a Maldivian national, who developed symptoms of COVID-19 from Rihiveli The Dream Hotel Maldives Resort. The individual is in home isolation for testing and monitoring. The resort is under monitoring.
Below resorts will be temporarily closed due to COVID 19 –
No Resort Closing Date Scheduled Re-Opening
- J W Marriott Maldives 28 Mar 2020 01 Jul 2020
- W Maldives 01 Apr 2020 01 Jul 2020
- Pullman Maldives Maamutaa 01 Apr 2020 01 Jul 2020
- Cocoon Maldives 01 Apr 2020 01 Jun 2020
- Anantara Dhigu 01 Apr 2020 01 May 2020
- Anantara Veli 01 Apr 2020 01 May 2020
- Naladhu Private Island 01 Apr 2020 01 May 2020
- SAii Lagoon Maldives 01 Apr 2020 01 May 2020
- Hard Rock Hotel Maldives 01 Apr 2020 01 May 2020
- Fushifaru Maldives 27 Mar 2020 01 Jun 2020
- Sheraton Full Moon Resort 01 Apr 2020 01 Jul 2020
- Mercure Koodoo Maldives 01 Apr 2020 01 Jul 2020
- Dusit Thani Maldives 30 Mar 2020 12 Jul 2020
- Emerald Maldives 01 Apr 2020 01 Jun 2020
Olhuveli Beach Resort will remain open for guests.
Note that currently 18 confirmed cases have been identified (13 have been recovered). (At the time of writing this post)